Friday, January 9, 2009

meta-blogging, and the madden curse



like most folks, my college career is notable largely for providing disjointed and otherwise useless trivia-contest answers. one notable exception being that i was once the beneficiary of a weekend of "slumming" down in the dregs of the dating pool by the stunningly hot gretchen - even moreso by the subsequent and highly unlikely parlay of that weekend on my part into close to 25 years of "marrying up". but, one of the things i do recall learning about is some foolishness called "meta-fiction" by a wacky english professor - this being: a work of fiction with its fictional subject being the fiction of its fictional self. or something like that.

so then, i find myself in a state of meta-bloggage. a blog with a topic about other blogs, blogging about my new blog. if it was the 70's instead of the 00's i would apply for a grant from the Natl Endowment of the Arts for all of us as performance artists. first of all, buddy and kindred spirit caffeine-powered hits me up - nice !! love that guy - few people are more fun to watch suffering on the bike than our man caff-powered.

but this one has me worried. after a post like that, how can a melt-down of shaun alexander proportions not be far behind ?? this is gonna hurt.

2 comments:

claire said...

LOL "marrying-up"

god help you if you are surrounded by people who don't know the meaning of "meta". Like: "The topic under lengthy, rambling discussion is not the meta problem, i.e, how to escape this meeting!"

Least I can read your blog while I'm stuck in there... you better keep it up.

Mountaingoat said...

Don't worry, I have faith in you.