Tuesday, January 13, 2009

look, we aint riding up here, so let's play a game instead !!




see how many 80's references you can find in this shot of the aggro gretchen ripping up the yorkshire dales footpaths in the UK, circa 1986. bonus points for the ones that coulda caused an international incident, and double bonus for modern "hot" product that appeared here on gretchens killer ibis 25 years earlier. finally, we see what gretchen was doing mtn bike wise in 1986 - what were YOU doing ?? ready, go !!! ! !!

3 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

I was twelve years old when that pic was taken.

jwm said...

80's .. overabundance of pink. (is that going to come back now w/ LA doing giro?)

*gasp* the crazy woman isn't wearing a helmet.

how big are those wheels?

International incident? What's written on the shirt?

'86 bike story, This would be pre-car. I got a flat trying to ride across town to some girl's house.. I didn't have a spare. walked it home, fixed it. I'm fuzzy on if I went back same day.. I'll guess I did.

-jwm

T mon T said...

aquamarine shorts ?

leg warmers ??

lack of proper dark green waxed cotton clothing.

purple Hudz brake hoods ( ame', actually ) . . . . .

cycling on the "footpath" system, poaching an entire kingdom's worth of trails . . . .

russell still needs to find a couple.