Sunday, November 8, 2009

8th wonder of the world



you know, while overdone, the taj mahal appears a right fine buidling. love the relecting pools. and, not having a green thumb at all, the hanging gardens of babylon have got to impress. but, as you can see in the pic, i am less impressed with those egyptian cats and their pyramids. no indeed. every year i create this monument to rival the pyramids in my front yard.

not only that, this year i did it in time to also bag a sweet ride at the stump farm on my ultrasweet strong SS, with my ultrafine wife. for that, i say the leafpile should bump into that 7th spot from the pryramids.

in other news. the WI mtn bike heisman trophy has got to go to none other than my man rick walls. not content to launch his stubby-legged most excellent self into the top ten of all WORS comps, he threw down HARD agin' those michiganders at iceman in the hyper-competitive middle-age-guys-who-ride-bikes-too-much class and went wire to wire for the V. crazy hell win. special mention to the Don. i am gonna take both as my inspiration back ta racin starting . . . . . . . let's say today. waytogo, fellas, and thanx mucho.

friendly hint tho - you can ride bikes, it is true - but do not mess with me when it comes to leaf rakin.

3 comments:

jwm said...

you have the look a man not yet beaten by leaves. There are more at my house.

-jwm

The Shed Master said...

I for one doubt your powers with the rake. Please bring it to The Rusty Tool Shed so I can first hand see these Skillz so I may judge them Mad or not.

Tim said...

Cover that leaf pile with snow and you'll have a sweet half-pipe for tubing!