Friday, October 23, 2009

don't mind me



we did not go see the leadville movie last nite. i believe i am the only person who likes to pretend to be a bike rider who is finds the leadville 100 completely uninspiring. mind you, i have never been there. and of course i am certain that its grandeur and epicness is the grandest and most epic-est that ever was, and ever shall be. etc etc.

but, an out&back on bleak-ass rocky roads in the middle of noplace ?? i must say, i don't get it. and, i am not a complete stranger to doing stupid things just see what they are like . . . a series of do-one-and-be-done kinda deals . . . a marathon, an ironman triathlon, a 24 hr solo singlespeed race, and so forth. i did once meet a couple runner guys who had done the run thing there, and i admired their honesty when they reported that the race actually did suck, and was in actuality from its inception a bit of a stunt to get money into the dinky little town, and in truth nobody is sure why it took off like it did. i dunno, and by all means like i say don't mind me.

i would love to do the creampuff 100 someday, tho. THAT sounds like a cool race to me.

2 comments:

The Shed Master said...

I have been to Leadville and it ain't nuthin' to write home about.

I skipped on the movie as I've had my fill of Lance to last the rest of my life.

Ronsta, said...

Kinda like Chequamegon..

Saw the movie, it was ok. Something to do on a rainy Thursday night with friends.