Monday, June 8, 2009

"all you haters suck my balls"




i attended my first ever hi-skool graduation yesterday. i did not go to my own graduation - truth be told i am not sure they even gave us one. i sure wouldn't have, had i been them !! in my day ( and at my school ) the situation would have just as likely ended in somebody setting fire to place as anything. i suppose you could say that am not of the "kids of today are such a problem" school of thinking - the band of fook-ups, gypsies, criminals and worthless punks that made up any random group of youths i knew in the 1970's were indeed a greater threat to Society than the kids i know nowadays - as evidenced by the horrid mash-up of the world as we know it today. it alsways amuses me that the same people who will go on and on about "kids these days" are invariably the very same ones who gave us the screwed up world we live in . . . . . . as if the kids had anything to do with it !!

as it happens, i know quite a few Youth of Today, and at this particular gathering of them, my own daughter MK was throwing down hard. sitting there in the packed gymnasium, i sincerely doubt any other guy was in as sweet a spot as i found myself. MK was not only valedictorian, but also absolutely slayed the House as featured vocal soloist during the procedings ( far lower left ).




and indeed no other dad in the place had the experience of watching his kid stand up from the front spot in the class, stroll back to the choir, make people cry with her beautiful soulful singing, and then stride back up to the stage center with poise like michelle obama, to lay down a charming, humble, all inclusive and classy address to her peers ( no, she did not tell them to suck her balls . . . . ) anyway as for the other dads, it must suck to be them, because it flat out kicked ass to be me.

5 comments:

Rick said...

yeah, but she wanted to say it.

Dave said...

And say it in an Eric Cartman voice.

That had to be an awesome day.

The Shed Master said...

I can't believe she wore white.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you were choked up (I almost wrote "coked" up by mistake) when you wrote this. Congratulations MK! Your Pop has every right to be whimpering proud!

Tim said...

I'll bet she muttered "screw you guys, I'm going home" as she left the stage.